America was founded upon Judeo-Christian principles to be a beacon of liberty to the world; and we have been that for well over two hundred years. Never perfect (but there has never been a perfect nation) and not without flaws, America was nevertheless the one place in the world that oppressed and downtrodden people could look to. Even if they couldn't get here themselves, this country inspired people the world over and gave them the dream and hope that there was someplace where people could live and breathe free, pursue their dreams, and have the law actually give them some protection against oppression or persecution, if they could just get here and dig their heels in and work to achieve their dreams. Millions in other countries took up that challenge, coming here themselves with virtually nothing but the shirts on their backs. Others sacrificed so their children might chase the dream instead.
The US Constitution is neither taught, understood, obeyed or enforced by the current malAdministration, and this will only get worse. President Obama and his advisors and cohorts are gutting our constitutional safeguards and threatening the liberties that they are pledged to protect.
A short list of relevent examples would include:
- Obama's nominee for Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan, has argued that flag-burning should not be banned but certain speech should be "disappeared", and that free speech should be weighed against "societal costs," and that some restrictionson speech are preferable to none...for example, "by preventing a few voices from drowning out others." Sounds suspiciously like she'd be in favor of silencing conservative talk radio because it might oppose government policy.
- Obama's Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is trying to give our Second Amendment rights away to the UN.
- During a joint press conference at the White House, President Obama and Mexico's President Calderon took turns insulting Arizona for defending itself, while Progressive/Socialist/Democrats applauded. Perhaps Obama might at least consider parity rather than national submission, since Mexico's own immigration laws look like ours should. Perhaps el Presidente Calderon should take his own hypcrisy home with him. Incidentally, Obama only allowed one American reporter to ask a question at the press conference; a reporter from Spanish-language network Univision. What do you think their take on the immigration situation is?
- The Supreme Court is nudging us away from the US Constitution in favor of international (socialist) law interpretations. So they think the laws that aren't working elsewhere will somehow, magically work here.
- The EPA is now trying to merge with liberal churches in an attempt to harness them in that part of their agenda which promotes environmentalism and planet-worship (Gaiaism) as the new State psuedo-religion. By co-opting many people's spiritual longing and redirecting it from Christ to Gaia, the Statist big brains want to convince congregations to adopt "social justice" (redistribution of wealth, aka legalized theft) as their religious theme.
- Part of the "Mob-ization" of America is the use of SEIU union thugs to intimidate ordinary citizens. There is an ominous parallel between SEIU's tactics and the tactics of the Nazi Party's SA troopers - the notorious "brownshirts" that intimidated and assaulted Hitler's political opponents in the early days of his election campaign. Intimidation is in fact becoming a favorite technique of the Left in general. Consider the ginned-up blogs and threats of congressional investigation for perfectly legal activities and White House-orchestrated boycotts against Glenn Beck in an attempt to punish and discredit him for his major investigative work. Hasn't really worked though; his ratings have shot up 22% in the past week alone. If Beck is so wrong, why do they always attack him, but never present any serious challenge to his evidence?
I've said it before: Everyone begins life with their personal 'meter' at 'zero'. All your positive life experiences push that meter upward, while your negative experiences push it backwards. Today's kids have the most potential ever; not because they are superior, but because they can reap the benefits of all those who have gone and done before them. But if they are never taught to recognize the positive influences they should pay attention to, they will get sucked in by the negative influences. It has happened before -- the young, the bored, the hungry, the angry, the frustrated, the scared, and oh, yes, the illiterate; all good candidates for evil leaders to take advantage of for their own nefarious purposes.